Thursday, July 31, 2014

Movin' on up

Hi all.  After much anticipation, things are moving along quickly here.  In the past 4 days we have demolished the pitched roof portion of the house, created a platform for the second floor, and added 3 exterior walls.  I have been painting the backs of the clapboards so they are ready to install once the rest of the second floor is up. 
   Here are some progress pictures




















It's getting there!  Here are the interior plans for the second floor.  

That's all for now.  I've got to get back to the mundane task of staining clapboards.

Music for today- 
   Today is my 10th wedding anniversary to this crazy fool...

 So, here are a few songs from our wedding.

1.  Rhett Miller (The Old 97's) "Question."  This was our song, and I'm so glad it was because it was short to dance to, and because it's beautiful and unique (read "weird"), just like us!!

2.  Elvis, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You."  We walked up the aisle to this, played on flute and guitar.  (By aisle, I mean the masterfully planted garden at Dave's parent's house.)  I'm a secret Elvis fan.  I guess the secret is out.

3.  Damien Rice, "Cannonball."  The wedding party walked down the aisle to this song played by the flutist and guitarist.  There were no lyrics, of course, which is good because they are kind of a downer for a wedding.


Other silly love songs-
Ben Kweller, "Family Tree."  I saw him open for Evan Dando when he was just a kid, and continued to listen to him as an adult.  This is from his first solo album.

Death Cab for Cutie, "I Will Follow You into the Dark."  Don't cry, but do listen to this gut-wrenching song.

The past 10 years have been more amazing than I could have imagined.  I can't wait to see what the next 10 bring...






No comments:

Post a Comment